Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh, Hey Job

Hey there, Job.  It's been a while.  Nice to see you again.  Welcome back.

Picture this:  I'm out and about with the boys.  Heading back from the library in the rain.  Nothing out of the ordinary...when the phone rings.  I don't know the number and probably wouldn't have answered it on any other day, but the kids are quiet so I do.  It is a hospital.  A big one.  A major one.  And they want to offer me a job...well, kind of like THE job.  At least the job for now, and God willing, the job for a while to come.  Not a "eh, I'll just take what I can get" job, but a "I always wanted to be a..." job.  The whole reason I wanted to be a nurse kind of job.

In the end, it all pays off, and in my case, the end of this chapter is very near.  I guess I've been telling myself that all along.  I hope Adam is expecting a full-on, set-the table, lots-of-side-dishes dinner tonight because we're celebrating.  Take that, blasted semester.  I'll show you who's boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...