Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reasons Why 1 Year-Olds Are Fantastic

Our little Leo...tiny baby Leo...he's a monster.  A really cute, not-so-tiny, growing-by-the-day personality, baby monster.  While he can tear a room apart in less than a minute (which usually includes finding water into which to dunk any small electronic), he continuously makes us laugh.  Here are a few reasons why:

1.) An abundance of rhythm.  This kid can dance.  He does the head-bob appropriately to hip-hop, and the full-body dance to anything else.  He's got moves.  Two thumbs up.

2.) He's consistently excited to see us.  It never matters if it's Adam or me, but he comes running the minute he hears the garage door go up.  More often than not, we get a loud and high-pitched, "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"  (Or just the whiny "Maaa-maaa....Maa-maa!!!")

3.) We rarely get turned down for kisses.  He hasn't learned that he doesn't have to kiss us everytime we ask yet.

4.) He laughs at himself as much as we laugh at him.

5.) He is unbelievably and easily pleased by food.  Always.

6.) He's indestructable...not our sensitive one.  He takes a beating and keeps on ticking.  (Clarification:  He falls and gets pushed a lot.  There are no beatings from us.)

Recently, as we were celebrating A&A's wedding, I heard Alex's brother comment, "That kid is awesome," while looking over at the boys playing together.  Immediately, I assumed he was talking about Patrick.  Patrick is so out-going, he makes friends easily.  However, I asked which one he was referring to.  "Leo.  He's so cool."  I wanted to hug him.  He is!  I think so, too!  Not as loud or as boisterous as his older brother, I sometimes worry that Leo gets overlooked.  Lately, I am starting to figure out that Leo will probably not let that happen.  Or he'll kick us from here to Canada if we let it.  One way or the other, I think he's going to surprise us all...Leo will be just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...