Sunday, July 31, 2011

I have been terrible at documenting this pregnancy with everything else going on, but here are a few photos from the past several months:

                                                   
                                                                             Around 7 weeks

Eighteen weeks


Twenty-nine weeks (filling out for sure):



A few days ago was my last day at work for a while.  We decided to get a last glimpse of the baby...and a good one, if I say so myself.  I will have to find a way to transfer the image onto here, but the baby is super-cute.  Is it terrible to find relief in seeing a cute baby?  I hope not...I did.  A little upturned nose and a heart-shaped mouth; it looks a little different from its brothers (at least on ultrasound).  His/her chin is shorter and the face is round.  If it resembles anyone, it looks to resemble Leo the most, just maybe with a different face shape.  Again, this baby's legs are superb.  If you're reading this in several years, dear little one, you are welcome for the excellent leg genes you received.  You can thank your grandmother for that.  Your aunt Leeney was blessed with the same legs.  Your mom, not so much.  Lucky kiddo.  You're going to look really good in shorts. 

I'm guessing we have about ten weeks to go.  Chances are, the doctor will agree to induce at 39 weeks, though I know if I am still pregnant, I won't go for it.  I have a feeling that I may go just a smidge (days) early, perhaps because I plan on doing a 5K two weeks before my due date.  Maybe that will bring on something?  Truthfully, not that I have a say in it, but I would really like for the baby to come on the 10th or the 11th, just because a birth date of 10/10/11 or 10/11/11 would be pretty easily remembered. 

Selfishness, selfishness.  The baby will come when it's ready.  And we will be, too.  And the excitement sets in... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...