Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Couple of Post-Scripts

This is my last post for the day, but I have something to add.  (Well, maybe more than one thing.)

First, I have heartburn.  Every day of my life, heartburn.  I eat blandly, still heartburn.  I stop eating in the midding of the afternoon for the entire day, still heartburn.  Every night, heartburn.  It occurred to me while driving today that I basically feel below baseline every day.  Now, if this ensures a healthy baby, I'll take it.  I will also allow myself a little time to bitch because it is annoying.  Really, it is.  It's less annoying because it has prohibited much, if any, weight gain in the last month.  Ok, I'll take that.  But I still don't like it. 

Secondly (I told you there might be more than one thing), I have recently become addicted to a blog called Bon Appetempt.  If you want to check it out, it's http://www.bonappetempt.blogspot.com/.  I kind of wish I was friends with the woman who writes it.  Is that creepy?  Definitely.  But I swear it is very witty and interesting.  I give it five stars, because, you know, my opinion is golden.

Lastly, thanks for all of the recent and not-so-recent Facebook shout-outs for the blog.  I really am flattered.  I still don't believe that people aside from my mother actually read this willingly, considering it's a directionless chronicle of our day-to-day living, but I feel a little boost of confidence that anyone aside from us considers it interesting.  Thank you all for that!  Maybe one day I will find a direction for this blog to take, but in the meantime I am happy that anyone reads it and gets something out of it.  You're all the best!

(Sidenote: I once suggested to Adam that he "guest-write" from time to time.  He told me his post would go something like this: "Things are good.  We love.  The end."  Maybe I should be thankful that he has opted out of active participation, for it might be true that nobody but my mother would read that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...