Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Indecisiveness seems to have struck our newest little one.  Much unlike his/her brothers, this one has not found a position of choice and stuck with it.  (Patrick was breech until week 31.  Leo was vertex until week 38).  As soon as the baby was big enough to allow for a position to be noted, it was transverse.  No big deal.  Then it was vertex.  Then breech.  Transverse.  Breech.  Vertex.  Breech.  Transverse.  How is there possibly that much room in there to move around so much?  And, with every turn and flip, I can both see and feel what is going on.  It woke me out of a dead sleep this morning.  Since the baby also seems to have quite a bit of umbilical cord, I am now starting to worry that we're going to end up with a nuchal cord at the end of all of this.  Settle down, tiny one.  Find a spot and stick with it.  Oh, and if it could not be breech, that would be best for me.  As of this morning, I could feel kicks in places nobody should ever feel anything that jolting.  Wow.

I'll love you regardless.  But help me out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...