Friday, February 21, 2014

It's been one year and a few days since we moved up north to the 'burbs.  Aside from the fact that we've now seen all four seasons in our home and feel 100 times more settled, here are some reasons why this week in February was better than the same week last year:

1.) I'm not deathly ill.

2.) We finally figured out where that beeping noise was coming from.

3.) I'm not finishing up my first trimester and vomiting daily.

4.) We have a new family member!

5.) I know where the closest and cheapest grocery stores are.

6.) We talk to the neighbors.

7.) We've made our way through most of the boxes in the garage. Sort of.

8.) I was stuck here sans Adam, but this time, I had TV and Internet.  And more than a mattress on the floor on which to sleep.

This year ruled! Here are the boys this afternoon in front of the not-so-new homestead.

Happy Friday, friends.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...