Monday, July 7, 2014

7 Things

Seven Things With Which I am Currently In Love

1.) Hot Sauce. All things hot sauce. Lately, I find I'm simply making food to use as a vessel to get the Sriracha in my mouth.


2.) My bed. Fine, our bed. The mattress is the best thing I have laid my body on. Sometimes, I go upstairs just to sprawl for three minutes or so. And, every night Adam is home and crawls into bed, I hear him whisper, "I love this bed." Me, too. (Clearly, Leo and Hatch agree. They crawl in sometime between 3-5am most mornings.)


3.) Dillon Park: Splash pad, playground, creek-stomping, repeat. The kids could play there for hours and I can keep my eyes on all four of them with very few interruptions. Bonus: the bathrooms are close to the action and super-clean.


4.) Lana del Rey. National Anthem and Video Games are currently playing on repeat. Even the kids know them well enough to sing along.


5.) Fresh flowers. I'm sure Adam is annoyed that I keep buying them, but I feel so excited to come home to fresh flowers on the table. I just love them.


6.) Moonshine. I can't say that I have tried too many varieties (and these are store-bought and not "authentic," so don't judge me too harshly), but even the unflavored tastes pretty good and is less inebriating than, say, vodka. I made a moonshine mojito last week that knocked my own socks off. Adam prefers the apple pie flavored on the rocks for sipping. It tastes like a booze-infused dessert...which it basically is.


7.) The library. Do you know what a great resource the library is? Probably, yes, but I had forgotten. It's such a wonderful place! I adore books, even if I'm honest with myself and admit that I'll never have time to read most of them. Currently checked out from our neighborhood shelves: Small-Plot, High-Yield Gardening and The Right Address (The Dirt on New York's Glittering Park Ave.).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...