Thursday, July 3, 2014

6 More Things

Six Things At Which I Am Quite Good

This is hard. Writing this, I mean. I want to make light of it, throw in something negative, downplay the good. Because that's what we do, right? We have a hard time admitting the things we're good at, most of us, anyway. But here are a few, in complete, organic, honest-to-goodness truth.

1.) I'm a good mom. I'm good at mothering. Perfect, no. Of course not. But my kids are happy and curious and innocent and all the things they should be, even on our worst of days.

2.) Making things. Projects are my thing. I have a way of clustering myself when I can't get one done before thinking of another, but there is so much gratification when something turns out just the way I wanted, even more when it turns out better.

3.) Expressing myself with written words. I'm less eloquent verbally, I fear, but words come easily to me. Hence, my blog.

4.) To-do lists. I'm good at making them and at knocking them out. I'm nothing if not productive. I work.

5.) Small talk. I don't like it, but I'm good at it. (My mom: she taught me how to be polite.)

6.) Hosting. I can be a good hostess. I have lots of (paid) experience and I really enjoy parties. Too much, sometimes. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...