Tuesday, November 25, 2014

It's Our Anniversary

Today, we've been married eight years. Eight. And, though it hasn't been all unicorns and puppy noses, it's been so worth it. Together, we just make sense, even when I wish we wouldn't (which I've done. Really.)

If I was equipped on that altar eight years ago with the knowledge of what our life would be now, here is what I would vow:

I vow to be the person who makes your home a happy place.

I vow to speak well of you to our children so that they know that we're a united force.

I vow to trust you in all things.

I vow to try to not always need the final word. (I said try.)

I vow to love you when I don't feel like it.

I vow to love you when you don't feel like it.

I vow to keep laughing with you.

I vow to shut the bathroom door.

I vow to keep the "for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health."

I vow to keep your pants off the floor and off the living room furniture, even though I hate picking them up. 

I vow to not touch your electronics.

Or the lawn mower.

I vow to grow old together with a sense of humor about our changing appearances.

I vow to always love your chest hair.

I vow to cut you a break when I know you need it. 

I vow to help lighten your load at home and at work.

I vow to proofread all of your work emails and correct your wording and punctuation.

I vow to keep working on us always because there is not another life parter on this planet who can make me feel the way you do. 

To my kids and to my husband, thank you for being my entire world. In this home and with you is my favorite place to be. Always.

Life has been good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...