Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's Tuesday night and Adam is out of town. The kids were craaaaaazzzzy tonight, so they ate, bathed, read books, and went to bed. This left a lot of free time for me. So I knitted a little, drank myself some cinnamon tea, decorated gift tags with my new dipped pen, caught up on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, did not drink a drop of wine (because I had my share this weekend...and I still need some distance), and now I'm soaking in a giant, boiling hot bathtub. This should be amazing.

But. I'm. Just. So. Bored. 

Ugh. Boredom. It's the devil's playground. I miss Adam. 

So, let's talk about good things. 

1.) My Christmas shopping is done! I bought Adam's final gift tonight. From Amazon. For which he receives the shipping receipts. $&@?!  Regardless, he'll still have to open it on Christmas morning and put on a good show for the kids. Problem solved. 

2.) Patrick is singing in the choir at Mass on Christmas Eve this year. 100% his decision, which makes it even more special. He refuses to sing in front of either me or Adam, but I got a note home from his music teacher that he sang solo in front of his entire class this week. Amazing! Every single request for a repeat performance for us has been adamantly denied. :-/

3.) Annie is walking! And talking (hi, yes, Mama, Dad, done). She's finally getting some hair...slowly, but it's growing in thick and dark (like her mama! Finally!) She's precious. A little doll. And so tiny, I can barely resist the urge to pick her up and squeeze her, though she's just about had her fill of that nonsense. 

4.) Hatchie is terrible. The worst. (Ok, no, that's not true. He's wonderful...wonderfully bad. Like the mischievous little elves scattering every Facebook and Instagram feed. Just like that. But chubby and squeezable and cute.) 

5.) And Leo. Sweet Leo. We moved him from one school to another a few months ago, which seemed dramatic at the time, but was THE BEST move we could have made for our little guy. Suddenly, he's learning all sorts of things, gaining all sorts of confidence, and his tears, the super-sensitive breakdowns, are almost a thing of the past. Finally...FINALLY, I feel as though he may be ready for Kindergarten in the fall. (Sidenote: the old school is not releasing to me his preschool photos. For which I paid. Certainly, that's not acceptable, right? I didn't think so, either.)

6.) And me. I'm restless. Can you tell? I need a solid blanket of snow, the new year, an adjustment in attitude, and Adam to come home and stay a while. A healthy dose of Christmas cheer. A makeover. Or, I just need to go to sleep a little earlier tonight and pull myself together in the morning. And to get out of this tub because I am sweating bullets and I'm certain there is a good Lifetime movie starting in 20 minutes. (Maybe these solo nights aren't actually the worst.)

Happy December to you!

❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...