Tuesday, August 17, 2010

P90X, Day 1...also Potty Training, Day 1

Yesterday was not a good idea.  I have so much to get done before school starts in a week, but I insisted on starting potty training and P90X on the same day.  The term "flop" describes both pretty accurately.

As far as potty training goes, as much as I can see Patrick "gets" it, I just don't know that he's ready.  I know so many other younger kids who are eager to get going, and Patrick just refuses.  It's discouraging.  Yesterday's attempt meant that we had several accidents, two "tries," and zero successes.  Attempts with Patrick when he was younger were more successful than this.  I'm going to try again today, but I'm already dreading it.  It's the truth.

P90X started last night.  Also not good.  I am so out of shape.  After seeing the recent vacation photos, I got a double-confirmation.  I hear the "you just had a baby" excuse all of the time from people I discuss this with and, yes, I did.  However, it doesn't change the fact that losing control of your body is frustrating.  I'm trying to get that back. From last night's attempt, I know I have a way to go.  While I was really gung-ho yesterday, I am timidly about to start round two.  Thankfully, I am not too sore, but I am sure I will be.  Here is to a day of successes, I hope.  I really, really hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...