Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Student Nurse's Prayer

As school starts in less than a week, and I feel entirely unprepared for what I am about to do, I found this and thought it was appropriate.  It might just be my mantra for the next 14 months:

THE STUDENT NURSE’S PRAYER


Lord, I know we go through this every day but please give me the knowledge as to why I actually wanted to go to nursing school.
Lord, give me the strength to make it through those boring three hour lectures without falling asleep.
Lord, please give me the patience to make it through ten hour clinicals with instructors that can’t just give you the right answer and on the same note, give the nurses the ability to remember what it was like to be a student and give us just a little more respect.
Lord, give me the endurance to read all of the assigned readings and be able to remember it when I am taking a test with four right answers.
Lord, give my family and friends the ability to realize I really am on the edge of insanity.
Finally, Lord, give me the vision to see that one day I will be a real nurse and I will never have to wear this ugly uniform again.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...