Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leo is Five Months

As of tomorrow, our little (big) baby is five months old.  Five months ago this very minute, I was probably choking down some castor oil and Diet Mountain Dew in hopes that he would be born soon.  It worked.  (There is more to that story, but I'll spare the details.  I figured labor was impending.  I just wanted to be sure.) 

In case I don't get a chance tomorrow, here is where Leo stands as of today:

1.)  Still teething.  I can't see any more teeth besides the bottom two, but he's still drooling and chewing on everything.  Perhaps those top teeth are starting to make their way through.

2.)  Has survived his first ear infection.  He was very sad about it.  Very sad.  Very, very sad...several times a night. 

3.) Is consistently getting up and rocking on his knees.  So far, he only moves backwards in this position, but I give him 4-6 weeks before he's crawling. 

4.)  Is scooting in some stealth-like manner that I never seem to catch.  He can move several feet in no time...I just have no idea how he's doing it.

5.)  Rolls front to back and back to front with ease.

6.)  Is still growing his hair back, and it looks to be a medium auburn.  I may see some hope for little curls?  It's a little early still.

7.)  Has beautiful dark blue eyes, sweet dimples, and a huge, warm smile.

8.)  Gives big, wet, open mouthed kisses when he can get close enough to a face to do it.

9.)  Loves his big brother and thinks he's hilarious, even when his own safety is put at risk because of Patrick's intensity of play.

10.) Alternates between nursing and bottle-feedings pretty easily.  Sometimes he prefers one over the other, but not with any consistency.

11.)  Is growing out of his clothes faster than he can wear them.  Right now, he wears mostly 6-9 months, with a couple of 9-12mo. outfits thrown in.

12.) Still likes nothing more than snuggling, especially curled up facing me while getting little butt-pats.  Puts him to sleep every time. 

Here he is.  This sweet little face gets me every time:


Leo, 4 months and 27 days, courtesy of Katie M's handy iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...