Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday, Schmuesday

Check that.  Sweet Leo has TWO teeth.  Two teeth!  Patrick had his first tooth at 5.5 months, and here is Leo, a whole month younger, with two little white teeth.  He hates them, but there is not much we can do about that.  The poor little guy is so congested and is a slobbery, drooly mess.  He's happy as long as someone is with him, though.  He's just not going down for naps as easily as he once did.  Overall, it's not too bad.  Tolerable.  We just feel a little bad for him.  His little watery eyes are just...so...sad.  Teething doesn't last forever, I realize, and if Leo is anything like his brother, he'll have all of his teeth in in by 18 months or so.  I'm bracing myself.  It's a rocky ride.

On top of that, Patrick, who is very high on my good list today, has decided that diapers are for babies.  He's all about being a big kid and using a toilet.  Finally.  Truthfully, I did bribe him a little by promising Spiderman underwear and I told him that he couldn't have his Spiderman costume back until he used the toilet all day, but he's doing it, and happily.  He's had five (FIVE!) successful trips to the toilet and absolutely not a single accident.  He even made a bathroom trip on his own (a major one, if you can pick up with I'm putting down...) as I was busy feeding Leo.  Hooray for Patrick!  Colleen drove the point home by showing up with some M & M's and candy pumpkins as rewards for him, and he's thrilled.  He had to call everyone today to tell them all about his bathroom trips (when did I ever think that was appropriate before now?).  It makes me so proud to see him so proud of himself.  Today, he tells me, he really is big like Peter Parker, and he is right on there.  Bribery gets you everywhere with kids.  If you don't agree, don't come and visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...