Monday, November 29, 2010

One more thing:

Leo will be 7 months old tomorrow.  To date, he has 5 very visible teeth, can crawl pretty well, can pull himself up to his feet (although wobbly and uncoordinated), and can take teeny steps to "cruise" along the couch a good 18-inches or so before he very quickly plops down.  He still takes teething very, very hard.  He LOVES to eat and is outgrowing everything.  He wears 12 month or 12-18 month clothes, and a 5.5-6 in a shoe.  He says "Mama" (or "mammmamamaama ma maamaa") with apparent meaning.  He is, without a doubt, so very attached to his mother.  We've found that he sometimes wakes in the middle of the night...not to be changed or to be fed, but because he wants me.  As soon as I get him, he's back out immediately, and (I am not even kidding) with a little smile on his face.  You know how a dad can get wrapped around his little girl's finger?  That's me and Leo (except, obviously, the opposite.)  He reminds me of a baby manatee, and Adam will cringe that I wrote that, but it often leads me to singing "Leo maa-na-teeee, maa-na-teeee, you're the one for meeee, one for meeee..."  He's an adorable, gentle giant.  I'm in for it. 

PS- As I write this, Patrick is slow-dancing with Indy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...