Thursday, January 20, 2011

8.5 months

These logs are more for my own memory, but I forgot to add a little quip about Leo A. at 8 months.  Rather than wait until he's 9 months, here is the story:

1.) Hair is finally growing, filling in his little exposed scalp.  Color?  Medium auburn.
2.) Working on teeth 9 and 10 (top first molars), and the teething is getting easier for him...finally.
3.) Can eat table food without problem (see above).
4.) Is standing unassisted for a few seconds at a time and can push walking-toys
5.) Has been sick lately, but is generally pretty healthy.
6.) Loves, loves, loves his parents.  Patrick is a close runner-up.  (Still loves me best.  I'm not afraid to say it.)
7.) Says "Mama" and "baba" (bottle) with obvious meaning.  I swear I have heard him say "hi mama" four times now, but I don't know how intentional it is.  Three of those were upon entering his room, so maybe?  Too soon to tell.
8.) Falls constantly.  Constantly.  If I was that kind of parent, I would definitely invest in a helmet.  Thank goodness for soft furniture.  Curse hardwood floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...