Friday, September 21, 2012

Leo + Mommy Go Together Like...

Being the only girl in a house with four boys (and one boy dog), I admit that I sometimes feel left out.  When the boys get wrapped up in a new super-hero kick or find a new movie they all enjoy or a new general past-time that is completely lost on me, I kind of get down-graded to a fix-owies-and-make-dinner-and-wash-my-dirty-clothes-please position.  I also admit that this has gotten me down in the past.  I want to connect with my boys on that level, too!  But, I can't.  I am a girl, so no matter how I try, Adam will always have an unfair advantage.  Well, sort of fair.  But still a little unfair to me. 
 
However, with this summer's events and Leo's evolving two-year-old self, the two of us have found a new bond that is special-ly ours.  This summer, Leo and I grew together.  We learned how to read each other and understand each other, how to help each other out, and how to make each other happy.  Leo and I spent a lot of time together in this little journey of ours (and both had a lots of bumps and bruises and tears in the process), and though he is no more special to me than the other boys, the pictures on my phone the past few months indicate the hours and hours and hours of time we spent together.  Leo + Mommy now go together like...

...raindrops + umbrellas...


...Marley + Reggae...
...peas + carrots...
...warm milk + sweet dreams...
...peanut butter + jelly...
...a wink + a smile...
...monkeys + bananas...
...bees + honey...
...a lyric + a song...
...winter + a sweater...
...a heart + a beat...
...a mother + her sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...