Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Patrick at Six

After a special birthday breakfast of Funfetti pancakes and bacon, we sat down this morning, February 5th at 10:15am, on the sixth snow day of the winter, for Patrick's annual birthday interview.  Here is how it went:

1.) How old are you going to be this year?
Uhhh, six.  Six.  Six years old.

2.) Do you know when you are going to be six?
February sixth.

3.)  How does it feel to be almost six?
Um, happy.  Because I want to be six.

That's it?  Yeah, I'm happy.

4.) How will your birthday be? 
Good.

Just good?  Uh-huh.

5.)  How do you think the weather will be on your birthday?
Cold.  Cold.  Cold and snowy.  Because there is only one more day to go and it's cold and snowy right now.

6.) What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
To treat people nicely. To be a good person.

7.) How do you think you are different than you were a year ago?
I'm different because I'm almost six.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm still a little smaller than Gavin? (Gavin is Patrick's cousin, two years older.  Gavin's birthday is very close to Patrick's and every year on Gavin's birthday, Patrick gets upset with me for not having him first.  He really wants to be as old, or at least as big, as super-cool older cousin.)

8.)  What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I play really good with my brothers.  Do you know where my clay is?

9.) Yes.  I'll get it when we're done.  You are in kindergarten this year.  How do you like it?
It's good.  I like it.  I like to see my friends and play with them.  I would like to say one thing about my friends.

What's that one thing?  I don't know.  I just did say one thing.  Remember?

10.)  Who is your best friend?
Vinnie, Landon, and Zee.

11.) What is one thing you like to learn about?
About my family.  You guys are nice to me.  Sometimes when you're mad at me, still nice.  If you spank me, you're still nice.  If I get a time out, still nice. (Sweet.)

12.) Is there anything you would do to make school better?
No, not really.  I like it fine.

13.) Tell me about our family. 
Um, our family is good.  And we're nice.  And you all love me so much.  And I think my mom is beautiful because she gives me nice stuff. (He's playing me. He really wants his birthday presents.) 

14.) What do you like about being a big brother?
I like to help my brothers when they are sad.  Like, when they fall down, I try to help them up.  And I like to play with my sister and stuff.  What?

15.) If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
I don't know.  The zoo or something?  I'd take my brothers. 

16.) What is your favorite song?
My favorite song is, "What Does The Fox Say?"

17.)  What is your favorite movie?
Legend of the Guardians

18.) What is your favorite book?
I don't have a favorite one, actually.  I like Army books.

19.) What is your favorite toy?
Batman stuff.  Just Batman.  Like all things Batman.

20.) What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be...a police.  Wait.  Did I say police?  Yeah, that's right.

21.) Do you think you will ever get married?
Yeah, I will.  I told you not to ask me the married question.

22.) How old do you think you will be when you get married?
Twenty-five.  That's a good age.  That's if I find a good one.  Woo woo!!

23.) What have you learned about girls this year?
I just like them.  I haven't really learned about them yet, though.  I like that they are pretty. 

24.) What is your favorite food?
Pineapples!  (This is true.  Fresh pineapples.  And those suckers are kind of expensive.)

25.) What is your favorite candy?
Ice cream.  That's a candy.  It's my favorite treat.  But I really like Skittles, too. 

26.) Are you scared of anything?
What? No!  I'm not scared of anything!  I'm a tough boy.

27.) Is there anything else you would like to say?
No, thanks.  I'm okay.  I'd like to play with my clay right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...