Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Son Is Not A Mana-teee, Mana-teee

Adam hates my Leo Manatee song.  Here is our conversation tonight:

Adam:  Leo is so cute.  He's so tough.  Do you want to know what I call him?
Catie:  What do you call him?
Adam:  I call him a gentle giant.
Catie:  Kind of like a manatee?
Adam:  CATIE. Come on.  A manatee is not a gentle giant.  It is a gentle sea cow.  It is a fat, slow, cow that swims and eats lettuce.  Or algae.  Or whatever it eats, but it has a flipper like a platypus and gets hit by boats because it is slow. 
Catie:  A little like a manatee?
Adam: "Our son is not a mana-teeee, mana-teeee."  (That last part was sung.  Seriously.)  I cannot believe we are even having this conversation. 

I think I'm going to buy Leo a stuffed manatee for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad

October, 2019 Nearly seven weeks ago, my dad died.  Writing that seems as surreal as the actual experience.  And yet, here I sit, fatherless...